Wednesday, May 20, 2009

HAPPY IN HAMMOCK.......GUWAHATI ROADS(WIRELESS ROAD GHY)

This is Appan who sells hammocks(plastic ones) on roadsides.....every year as the summer arrives i see him selling these colorful things.They are termed as JHULNA here.
I always doubted its durability until i saw him yesterday enjoying swinging....i stopped my car had a brief interaction with him.He belongs to Andhra Pradesh and every summer he comes to Guwahati for selling these.I too bought one for 40 rs.....not even a dollar.




2 comments:

  1. sure looks happy....i have seen them selling these near saraighat bridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,I hav also seen dat guy der..at xactly de same plac
    glad dat u posted dis topic here or else wud hav nvr cum 2 knw de info abut de guy..he sure travels far frm his home 2 earn money

    hope u dnt mind me commentin..juz came across ur blog & luved it :)

    ReplyDelete